Friday, August 31, 2012

Robbie Starts Grade 1!!




My little man is growing up right before my eyes.

This year he's in a new wing of the school and he feels very special to be with the bigger kids. I think the highlight of all these new changes is that in the mornings I drop him off. The school has a drive thru drop off area and he loves it! All last year he was asking me to drop him off but he was just a little too young for it.
The teacher gave RW a book that has "homework" in it (these past couple days it's been to wear a special color for the following day) to prep him for the work she'll be sending home in the future. It's very strange for me, I enjoyed dropping him off to his classroom and chit chatting with the teacher and getting to know his classmates. I've offered my services to her once Lana starts preschool and she's up for the extra help - so that's great news!
RW came home with another piece of artwork yesterday and I came up with a great idea!! I'm going to scan all his creations that he does and put them into a folder and at the end of the year I'm going to make a book (similar to our Punta Cana photo book) to keep all the memories together!
I think he will thrive in Grade 1, I can't wait to see what this year has in store for him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment